Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Snow, Snow and more Snow

This is certainly the snowiest winter in my 36-year experience of living in New York City, so I don't know what it would be like if I were still working.  To get up, gear up and struggle up 11 city blocks would be getting QUITE old by now, I expect, and we still have a couple of cold months yet to go.  With my bad knees, it's a worse commute than it sounds.

Lucky as I am to live in Manhattan and in a large coop with many employees who run the bobcats and shovel to clear our walkways, I have nothing to complain about!  And it is amazing to sit in my warm living room and watch the huge, beautiful snow flakes whiz past.  I don't even wish to be in the balmy Caribbean.  I don't want to be anywhere but where I am!

No comments:

Post a Comment